Thursday, November 18, 2010

Favourite of the Wookiee

While my fair Lady (please excuse the musical reference) has already done a fair job of introducing me, I felt that writing my own little piece would be a nice present for you all.

Almost every stage of my life can directly be tied to a kitchen; my grandfather's restaurants, shifting to being the primary chef at home, my time spent in competition, etc. The kitchen has a special place in my heart. As such, I have some very strong opinions about cookware, equipment, ranges, glassware, ingredients, and cooking styles. I will do my best throughout this blog to give my opinion on things while not attempting to insult yours.
Cooking is deeply personal, so I can get that if I'm a huge fan of jacketed copper and I start ripping on ceramic plate and that's your preferred material, you would get upset. Sorry. I can promise that I will likely piss you off at some point, but I'll give you a good recipe or idea in exchange!
...
Also, jacketed copper is totally better than ceramic plate. Just sayin'.
So, while the Lady's posts will probably be nicer and the food will be sweeter or more comforting, I promise to give great flavour profiles mixed with the proper blend of sarcasm and blended with a decent helping of originality.
For my first act, I present to you....My signature cocktail!

The Wookiee's Signature cocktail: The Skyrise Manhattan

2oz bourbon whiskey (Woodford or better)
3/4oz vermouth
Dash of bitters
Splash of grenadine
Orange twist

Pour bourbon, vermouth, bitters, and grenadine into shaker over ice.
Give 3 short brisk shakes, and strain into glass. Rocks or cocktail suggested.
Garnish with orange twist.
Drink.
Repeat.

Enjoy folks!
~Wookiee

No comments:

Post a Comment